When trying to make changes of any kind, some of us find ourselves battling with our inner critic. That little voice in our heads that tear us down and fill us with self doubt.
- It’s the voice of our fears
- The voice of our low self esteem
- The voice of criticism we’ve received from others
- Stop! When you find yourself speaking negatively to yourself stop immediately. I sometimes said “stop it ” out loud to quiet my inner critic.
- Write down the most repeated negative phrases your inner critic says to you and replace them with positive phrases
- Affirm yourself daily ” I am worthy ” “I am loved” “I am enough “
- Look in the mirror and tell yourself I love you
The last one was very hard for me to do. I would just stare at myself in the mirror for minutes and couldn’t bring myself to say I love you. Sometimes I would break down in tears. It took a while before I was able to tell myself I love you but when I finally did it was freeing.
I was able to break free of the mental torture I was still under from my former relationship. My self esteem was boosted and I stopped holding myself hostage from trying new things just because I wasn’t a certain size or look a certain way. I no longer let what other people say affect me as much as it use to.
It feels good that no matter what I love and accept myself.
Does the inner critic stop talking, no but now I’m able to address where the criticism is coming from and talk my way through it. #IKHLW
How do you deal with your inner critic?
Comment, share and follow.
Purchase the book I Know How to Lose Weight So Why Haven’t I available in print and on Amazon kindle by clicking here
Subscribe to our YouTube channel