First off, what is an accountability partner? An accountability partner is someone who you choose to hold you accountable for completing a project or reaching a goal.
If you are trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle, having someone to hold you accountable for your choices can be helpful
An accountability partner can help you reach your goals, especially when the person you choose has the same or similar goals as you.
How do you know that you need an accountability partner?
- When you are motivated by knowing you’ve shared your goals with someone else
- When you have a hard time sticking to tasks by yourself
- When you do better accomplishing goals by having extra encouragement
- When you perform better under a structured environment
- When you are a procrastinator
- When you rebel against authority
- When you don’t like to be told what to do
- When you don’t like people in your business
- When you’re really not ready to be held accountable
So you’ve decided to get an accountability partner to help you. What are the guidelines to choosing the right person?
- Make sure you truly want to be held accountable
- Be specific about what areas you want to be held accountable for and how that looks like, ie, I want make healthier food choices and exercise at least three days per week I want my accountability partner to go over my food diary weekly and point out any foods that I am eating that are not healthy. I want my accountability partner to check in with me on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday to make sure I have worked out on those days.
- Make sure your accountability partner is someone you will listen to and will be stern with you if need be. Don’t choose someone who you can run over and will only make excuses for you.
- Choose someone who has accomplished the goal you are trying to reach
- Choose someone who is going to be consistent
- Know when or if being held accountable or the person holding you accountable is not working
Purchase the book I Know How to Lose Weight So Why Haven’t I available in print and on Amazon kindle by clicking here
Subscribe to our YouTube channel