Looking back on the past 31 days, I am happy I participated and I plan to eat a mostly fruitarian diet. There are a few things I wish I would have done differently.
- I would have started the day with a juice. When I started the fruit feast I had just come off of a 114 day juice cleanse. I feel like having a juice in the morning would have been something my body was used to. I felt like I shocked my system a little bit. Plus I wanted to keep juicing a daily part of my diet.
- I would have exercised more. I really didn’t start exercising until the last week of the fruit feast. Daily exercise was one of the rules of the feast. I just never got started until the last week. Daily exercise would have helped move more toxins out of my body, get my lymphatic system moving and help me tone.
- I would have not tried durian. I love durian and I’m glad I tried it, I just wish I hadn’t tried it during the fruit feast because of the fat content and how eating it noticeably slowed down my digestion.
- I would have been more practical with my fruit shopping. I bought a few things just because I could buy them in bulk for a reasonable price like the case of blueberries and the bananas.
- I would have planned my meals better. There were times I found myself hungry and those are the times when I made rash decisions and bought durian.
I really enjoyed being on fruit for 31 days. I like how uncomplicated it is. Fruit is filling and sweet and most of the time you just grab and go.
So for the first day after the fruit feast I started the day with fresh squeezed pink grapefruit juice. I snacked on jackfruit and I had some durian that wasn’t very good. For dinner I decided to make a zucchini noodle dish.
- Sundries tomatoes
- Hearts of palm
- Fresh dill
- Trader Joe’s 21 spice salute
For the sauce I blended together
- The zucchini scraps
- 2 short celery ribs
- 1/2 of a golden tomato
- Two cloves of garlic
- Some nutritional yeast
- 4 soaked sukkary dates
- Lemon juice (I used the juice of one lemon and it was way too much)
- 1/2 of a small shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cayenne pepper
It smelled amazing! Like I stated, I used way too much lemon juice so the sauce had a tangy flavor that overpowered everything else. The dish still tasted good and I’m going to make again tomorrow with a few tweaks.