Juicing is a great way to reset your body. Fresh juice is packed with vitamins and nutrients that go straight into your blood stream and nourish your cells and organs.
Juicing also gives your digestion a rest because it’s devoid of fiber.
- Get a clear understanding of why you have chosen to do a juice cleanse. If you are not sure why you’re doing a juice cleanse it will make it harder to stick to it
- Make sure you have a juicer not a blender. High powered blenders do liquify fruits and vegetables but they don’t remove the pulp and fiber. If you are going to use a blender, you must strain your juice before drinking it.
- A week or two before starting a juice cleanse, eat clean. If you go into a juice cleanse after eating high fat, high processed steak and potatoes type meals, your detox symptoms will be worse.
- The first three days are the hardest. If you can, plan your juice cleanse on a three day weekend or on days where you don’t have to do anything too physical.
- Don’t exercise during your juice cleanse. This is a time for rest and recovery. You can take a leisurely stroll or do light yoga, but no strenuous exercise.
- If this is your first juice cleanse, don’t go more than five days. As you get the hang of juicing and how your body reacts, you can always increase your days
- When coming off a juice cleanse, don’t eat a big heavy meal right away. Depending on how long your juice cleanse is it is best to reintroduce foods one at a time over a few days. Start with smoothies, fruits, soups before adding solid foods. It should take 1/3 the time of your total cleanse to get back to eating solid food ( for example if your cleanse was 10 days, it should take 3 days to reintroduce sold foods)
- Have an exit plan. If you are cleansing to lose weight, understand if you go back to your old ways of eating (if it’s not clean) you will end up gaining the weight back. Use the cleanse to help you transition into healthier eating.
- Drink plenty of water. This will aid your body in releasing toxins and help you feel full.
- Enjoy the process! A juice cleanse can be mentally and spiritually cleansing as well it helps you to gain focus and clarity.
For more information on juicing, check out the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead by Joe Cross.
Comment, like, share and re-blog.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Sign up to our email list to participate in our guided juice cleanses. The four day Love yourself back to good health juice cleanse starts February 16-19, 2018. To receive exclusive content that will only be sent to email subscribers, click here to sign up.